Ham and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
These ham and cheese stuffed chicken breasts are delicious, quick to make and sure to please.
Servings: 4 people
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 slices Princes canned ham
- 4 slices cheese - strongly flavoured
- 1 glug oil
- Salt and pepper - to taste
Chill the ham in the fridge for a few hours, or over night before using to make it easier to slice.
Pre heat the oven to 180C/ Gas Mark 4.
Use a sharp knife to make a pocket along the length of each chicken breast, taking care not to cut all the way through.
Put a slice of ham and cheese into each piece of chicken, and thread a cocktail stick through each side to hold the pocket closed. Season the skin with pepper and salt.
Place in to an oiled oven proof dish and roast for 35 – 40 minutes until cooked through and the skin is crispy.
Serve with your choice of vegetables and potatoes along with any crispy cheese from the pan.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 310kcal | Protein: 37g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 118mg | Sodium: 672mg | Potassium: 535mg | Vitamin A: 285IU | Vitamin C: 1.3mg | Calcium: 186mg | Iron: 0.9mg