Find more recipes at fussfreeflavours.com
Black bean burrito bowls
These black bean and tomato burrito bowls have a spicy kick from pickled jalapeños.
- 1 small onion - finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - crushed
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander seed
- tsp ½ smoked paprika
- 100 g chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 tbsp water
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 tbsp pickled Jalapeños - - rinsed and chopped
- 1/2 can black beans - - 200g drained and rinsed.
- Fresh Coriander
- Sour cream
Fry the onion and garlic until golden and fragrant.
Add the cumin, coriander and smoked paprika. Fry until the spices are fragrant.
Add the chopped tomato, water, lime juice and Baxters Deli Toppers Jalapeños. Cook until the tomatoes are soft. Add the black beans and cook until the beans are heated through – a few minutes.
Serve on a bed of rice topped with sour cream, avocado, lime and some more slices of jalapeño
- use a dairy-free sour cream to make it vegan
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 171kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 393mg | Potassium: 524mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 665IU | Vitamin C: 18.5mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 3mg