Easy toasted ham and cheese sandwich (Cheat's Croque Monsieur)
Lift a run of the mill ham and cheese sandwich with this easy ham and cheese toastie, combining brioche eggy bread, stringy mozzarella cheese and ham.
Servings: 1 sandwich
- 2 slices brioche bread
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 3 slices Princes canned ham
- 20 g mozzarella - sliced
- 20 g hard cheese (e.g. cheddar) - sliced
- salt and pepper - to taste
- butter - for frying
Beat the egg and milk together in a flat bowl, season with salt and pepper to taste, and soak the brioche – one side of each slice only.
Assemble the sandwich, with the soaked sides of bread outwards; a layer of ham topped by the cheese.
Fry gently over a medium heat until golden and the cheese has started to melt. Eat immediately!
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 750kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 47g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Cholesterol: 388mg | Sodium: 1633mg | Potassium: 289mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1260IU | Calcium: 333mg | Iron: 2.3mg