Spaghetti alla Carbonara with Grana Padano & Prosciutto di San Daniele
This easy twist on the everyday Italian classic of Spaghetti Carbonara is served with a generous sprinkling of Grana Padano and a scattering of Prosciutto di San Daniele
- 150 g spaghetti
- 25 g butter
- 1 clove garlic - (peeled)
- 50 g Grana Padano - (finely grated)
- 1 large egg
- 2 slices Prosciutto di San Daniele - (cut into narrow ribbons)
Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta as per the packet instructions.
Lightly crush the garlic clove with the side of a knife and gently fry in the butter
Crack the egg into a bowl and lightly whisk, stir in half the grated Grana Padano
Once cooked drain the pasta, reserving a cup of the cooking liquid. Return to the saucepan.
Discard the garlic from the butter, pour the, now flavoured butter, and egg and cheese mix over the pasta and mix well. Add a few tablespoons of the pasta cooking water, and stir to make a a thick creamy sauce that coats the pasta.
Season well with freshly ground black pepper.
Serve immediately sprinkled with the Prosciutto di San Daniele and the rest of the cheese.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 537kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 142mg | Sodium: 582mg | Potassium: 224mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 645IU | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 326mg | Iron: 1.6mg