Find more recipes at fussfreeflavours.com
Leftover Roast Turkey Frittata
Frittatas are quick and easy to make. This versions uses leftover turkey; it's ideal for using up any leftovers you may have. Ideal for picnics, travel and packed lunches. Easily adaptable.
Servings: 4 large servings
- 450 g potatoes - (boiled and sliced)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion - (chopped)
- 1 bell pepper - (cut into strips - I used a mix of half a red and half a green)
- 170 g cooked turkey - (sliced)
- 6 eggs
- salt and pepper - (to taste)
Add the olive oil to a deep 25cm / 10” non stick omelette pan and gently fry the peppers and onion until soft and starting to turn brown. Turn out onto a plate.
Meanwhile in a large bowl, briefly whisk the eggs.
Add turkey, potatoes and cooked peppers to the egg. Season with salt and pepper. Mix together gently so as not to break up the potato slices.
Transfer the mixture to the frying pan. At the same time that you start to cook the frittata on the hob (burner), turn on the grill (or broiler). Cook the frittata on the hob or burner, on a medium low heat for about 10 minutes, until the bottom has started to colour (you can pull it away from the sides of the pan with a spatula), but the top is still liquid.
Transfer the pan under the grill/ broiler for a few minutes until the top of the frittata is golden brown and has puffed up.
Allow to cool for a few minutes, flip out onto a plate, and serve with some green salad.
- I use half and half red and green peppers
- I always use free range eggs
- One portion (quarter of the frittata is) 7 Weight Watchers Smart Points
- Keeps for 2 days in the fridge
- Make a low carb version by omitting the potatoes and adding in extra turkey
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Serving: 4servings | Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 267mg | Sodium: 141mg | Potassium: 726mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1305IU | Vitamin C: 52.9mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 5.2mg