No fat slow cooker vegetable soup
Adaptable and easy to make delicious no fat slow cooker vegetable soup - slow cooking the root vegetables makes them meltingly soft and almost sweet. Paleo, Whole 30 and Vegan.
Servings: 4 large bowls
- 3 Carrots
- 2 Parsnips
- 2 sticks Celery
- 1/2 Onion
- 1/2 Celeriac
- 1 small turnip (or wedge of swede)
- 4 cups Stock
Peel and roughly chop the vegetables
Add to slow cooker, and cover with stock. Season with salt and pepper.
Switch onto high until simmering, then either leave to cook for a total of 3 hours, or then switch onto low and cook for 5 hours.
Once the vegetables are soft blitz with a stick blender, adding a little more stock if needed.
- To make a heartier version add a handful of red lentils
- Do not add the dollop of sour cream as shown in the image if you want to keep it vegan
- This recipe is 5 Weight Watchers Smart Points per portion
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 141kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 3g | Sodium: 1087mg | Potassium: 802mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 8235IU | Vitamin C: 28.2mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 1.2mg