Find more recipes at fussfreeflavours.com
Recipe: Popeye (or Shrek) Hummus
Add a large handful of spinach to a classic hummus recipe for an easy way to extra veg!
- 230 g / 8oz / 1 cup cooked chickpeas - drained and rinsed
- Large handful spinach
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1 dsp olive oil
- 1 dsp tahini / seed or nut butter
- Small clove garlic - optional
- Water to thin as needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
Simply place everything in the food processor and blitz until smooth. Add water to achieve your desired consistency. Season to taste.
If you prefer some texture to your hummus, reserve some of the chickpeas and add to the smooth dip and pulse the food processor a few times.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 101kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 209mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 720IU | Vitamin C: 4.3mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1.9mg