Find more recipes at fussfreeflavours.com
Spicy Garlic Chicken Pasta
This spicy chicken pasta recipe is super speedy to make, and is perfect for a week night supper. Adjust the flavours to suit your taste. To save time, prepare the chicken the night before, mix with the spices and leave in the fridge for up to 24 hours to marinade. Recipe includes hints and tips for adding and extra portion of vegetables.
- 120 g skinless chicken breast - medium sized
- ½ tsp garlic granules
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 150 g spaghetti - cook as per packet instructions
- 50 g spinach - one large handful
- 25 g butter - optional
- 50 g feta - crumbled
Place the cut chicken pieces, garlic granules, ground black pepper and paprika into a bowl, mix well and cover and leave in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
Pour the olive oil, into a non-stick frying pan, and fry the chicken over a medium heat until starting to brown and cooked all the way though. Remove from the heat and start to cook the spaghetti.
When the spaghetti is nearly cooked, add half the butter to the chicken along with 50ml of the pasta cooking water, reheat and bring to a simmer and allow to reduce to make a sauce.
Once the spaghetti is cooked drain into a sieve, and shake well. Add the remainder of the butter, and the spinach to the pasta pan, then the cooked spaghetti. Cook over a low heat, stirring well until the butter is melted and the spinach is wilted.
Stir in the chicken mixture and feta into the pasta.
To minimize time in the evening, mix up a large batch of chicken and spices, and freeze in individual portions. Take out of the freezer in the morning, and allow to defrost during the day in the fridge.
- This recipe is 18 Weight Watchers Smart Points per portion
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 575kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 87mg | Sodium: 463mg | Potassium: 528mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 3045IU | Vitamin C: 7.8mg | Calcium: 164mg | Iron: 2.2mg