Find more recipes at fussfreeflavours.com
Recipe: Toffee Caramel Mini Easter Cakes
These adorable mini toffee caramel flavoured cakes are perfect for Easter.
Servings: 12 -15 mini cakes
- 100 g butter - softened or baking spread
- 100 g Demerara sugar
- 2 medium free range eggs
- 100 g self raising flour
- 1 dsp Carob syrup or treacle
- Buttercream or whipped cream to fill
- Caramel spread or peanut butter to top
- Sprinkles to decorate
With an electric mixer cream the butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl until pale and fluffy.
Slowly mix in the eggs with a spoon of the flour to prevent the mixture curdling.
Fold in the flour and carob syrup.
Prepare a mini muffin pan by greasing of with cake release spray and fill about 2/3 full with the cake batter.
Bake at GM5/190C/375F for 12 – 15 mins, depending on the size of your muffin tin until risen and springy to the touch.
Turn out and allow to cool, slice in half crossways, fill and decorate. Happy Easter!
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 234kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 131mg | Potassium: 83mg | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 250IU | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 0.4mg