Leftover Turkey & Ham Pies, with a filo crunch
These individual pies use up leftover Christmas or Thanksgiving turkey, and are topped with a single sheet of filo pastry to add crunch and texture without heaviness
- 30 g butter
- 2 tbs flour
- 200 ml turkey or chicken stock
- 120 ml semi skimmed milk
- 2 tbs cranberry sauce
- 250 g leftover roasted turkey - mix of white and brown meat - diced
- 80 g leftover roast ham - diced
- 60 g sweetcorn
- 4 sheets filo pastry
Place the butter into a saucepan and melt over a gentle heat, add the flour and stir in to make a smooth paste. Cook for a few minutes stirring all the time.
Slowly start to add the stock, bit by bit stirring all the time, until you have a smooth liquid and no lumps. Add the remainder of the stock and the milk and simmer until you have a smooth sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Remove from the heat and stir in the cranberry sauce, turkey, ham and sweetcorn. Divide between 4 individual pie dishes or individual casseroles.
Shape the filo pastry toppings by scrunching each sheet up from the middle and then shaping with both hands. Place each scrunched sheet on top of each pie.
Bake according to the packet instructions (usually 200C / 180Fan / GM 6) for about 15 mins until the filo is golden brown and the pie filling piping hot and bubbling.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.