Recipe: Tea flavoured digestive biscuits
A cup of tea tea paired with a digestive biscuit is a British classic - why not try baking these tea flavoured digestive biscuits?
Servings: 20 x 2 /1/2" biscuits
- 5 tea bags - we used Typhoo
- 70 g sugar
- 80 ml milk
- 50 g white flour
- 150 g wholemeal flour
- 150 g medium oatmeal - or use porridge oats, lightly ground in a spice grinder
- 150 g butter
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp salt
Cover three Typhoo teabags with the sugar and leave in a sealed container to infuse for at least 24 hours (we made a big batch for use in other recipes).
Warm the milk until nearly boiling, add the remaining two tea bags, and allow to steep as it cools to room temperature, then squeeze the teabags out and discard.
Mix the dry ingredients, then either dice the butter into small pieces or grate into the mixing bowl.
Rub in the butter to a breadcrumb consistency.
Add enough of the tea infused milk to bring the dough together into a ball.
Wrap in clingfilm and place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
Preheat an oven to 160 degree C (Fan)/Gas mark 4, and roll out the dough between 2 pieces of clingfilm to about 4mm thick.
Use a biscuit cutter to cut out circles, and bake on a parchment paper covered baking sheet for about 12-15 mins.
Allow to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 mins before transferring to a cooling rack.
Enjoy with a mug of Typhoo tea!
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 109kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 145mg | Potassium: 42mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 195IU | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 0.5mg