Find more recipes at fussfreeflavours.com
Recipe: Dairy Free Honey & Orange Madeleines
These beautiful little French cakes are astonishingly easy to make and will always impress. This version is dairy free and gently flavoured with orange and honey. They can be made in advance and stored for a few days.
- 75 g Pure Dairy Free Sunflower Spread – melted and cooled
- 2 Large Eggs
- 90 g Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp honey
- 100 g Plain Flour
- ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- Zest of one orange - finely grated
- Pinch of salt
Weigh the Pure spread into a saucepan and gently heat until melted. Remove the pan from the hob and allow to cool, but not solidify.
Whisk the eggs and sugar together until they have doubled in size and are light and fluffy, add the honey and whisk again. Slowly fold in the flour, baking powder, orange zest and salt and salt.
Slowly pour in the melted Pure spread, gently folding all the time until you have a foamy batter that is full of air. When mixed cover the bowl and put in the fridge for at least an hour to chill.
Melt a little more Pure spread and brush it onto a Madeleine pan, allow to cool and then dust with flour.
Heat the oven to 190C/ GM 5. Use a spoon to fill the Madeleine pan with the batter so each well is about 2/3 full and bake for 7 - 9 minutes until until risen, golden and shrinking away from the edges of the pan.
Leave for a few minutes and then turn out. Dust with a little icing sugar to serve.
The Madeleines are best enjoyed when still warm and crisp on the outside. They can be stored for a day but will lose that just cooked crisp outside.
- The batter will keep for up to two days in the fridge.
- This recipe is 3 Weight Watchers Smart Points per portion
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 71kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 43mg | Potassium: 24mg | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 160IU | Vitamin C: 0.8mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 0.3mg