Quick & Healthy Tartare Sauce
An easy recipe for tartare sauce, with a clever twist to make it healthier, and only 4 ingredients: mayo, yogurt, capers and gherkins. Ideal to pair with fish and chips.
- 1 tbs mayonnaise
- 2 tbs low fat plain yogurt - preferably Greek or thick
- 1 tbs capers – drained and chopped
- 1 tbs gherkins – drained and chopped
- a few drops of the gherkin or caper vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
Rinse capers to remove excess salt.
Finely chop the capers and gherkins.
Mix all the ingredients, and adjust to taste.
- Sauce will keep for 3 days in the fridge.
- Use any leftover sauce as a dressing for some salad leaves, or on a simple grated carrot and sliced cabbage slaw.
- This sauce is also perfect in a slightly sinful fish-finger wrap or sandwich. Real comfort food!
- Add diced small pickled onions for an extra flavour.
- If the sauce is too thin, try straining the yogurt – the thicker the yogurt, the thicker and creamier the sauce will be.
- This recipe is 2 Weight Watchers Smart Points
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 61kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 285mg | Potassium: 46mg | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 37mg