Quark (or Yoghurt ) Marinaded Chicken Tikka Kebabs
Quick & easy, fuss-free lightly spiced chicken tikka kebabs are a quick meal to make when you have some chicken and quark (yoghurt) around!
Servings: 4 kebabs
- 100 g plain quark
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- ½ cm fresh ginger – grated
- ½ tsp cumin – ground
- scant ½ tsp mild chilli powder – to taste
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp coriander seeds – ground
- Seeds from 3 cardamom pods
- 4 – 6 chicken thighs – depending on size cut into 2.5cm pieces
- Fresh red chilli and coriander to garnish
Mix the quark and the spices together. Stir in the chicken pieces, cover and leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
An hour before you want to cook soak 4 wooden kebab skewers in water.
Thread the chicken pieces onto the skewers, and bake in the oven at 170C / GM5 for about 20 minutes until cooked through. Then fry, griddle, grill or BBQ for a minute or so to give some grill marks.
Serve garnished with slices of chilli and some fresh coriander.
- This recipe is 7 Weight Watchers Smart Points per portion
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 269kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 110mg | Sodium: 97mg | Potassium: 231mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 90IU | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg