Find more recipes at fussfreeflavours.com
Tandoori Chicken Tikka Kebabs
Easy and delicious tandoori style chicken tikka kebabs, spiced and tenderised in delicious yogurt marinade. Like the ones from the curry house - or better!
Servings: 2 people (4 kebabs)
- 100 g natural yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- ½ tsp cumin – ground
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 6 drops red food colouring - optional
- ½ lemon - juice & zest
- 300 g chicken thighs - skinless, boneless
Zest the lemon, then juice half of it. Combine the zest with the yogurt, oil and spices/seasoning in a bowl and mix well.
100 g natural yoghurt, 1 clove garlic – minced, 2 tsp Garam Masala, ½ tsp cumin – ground, ½ tsp chilli powder, ½ tsp ground turmeric, ½ tsp ground coriander, 6 drops red food colouring, ½ lemon
Cut the chicken into even sized pieces. Add to the marinade and mix well to coat.
300 g chicken thighs
Cover the bowl and leave to marinate in the fridge. Ideally, this will take at least 2–3 hours. If necessary, though, 30 minutes will work.
Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before you plan to cook, and thread onto 4 skewers. If you are using bamboo skewers rather than metal, you should soak them in water first.
Pre-heat the oven to 180°C fan / Gas 5 / 375°F. Then, when you are ready, bake for about 15 minutes. If you use bamboo skewers, you will need a few minutes longer. This is because the heat won't reach the centre of the meat as fast.
If desired finish cooking the chicken on an oiled griddle pan to add some char grill marks!
- This recipe is 7 Weight Watchers Smart Points per portion
Other cooking methods
- BBQ – Light the charcoal or gas barbecue 30 minutes before you want to cook. When it is hot, or when the charcoal has turned white, cook for 6–8 minutes each side. Oil the grill before cooking to prevent sticking,
- Electric griddle – Switch on the grill and then leave it to heat up. Cook the kebabs in the closed grill for 5–8 minutes, depending on the power of your grill.
- Oven grill (Broiler) – Light the grill/broiler and leave it for 5 minutes to heat. Place the kebabs on a lined baking tray before grilling them for about 6 minutes each side. Watch them carefully, and set the grill lower if they start to catch too much.
- Tandoor – If you are lucky enough to have one, you can cook these as tandoori chicken tikka kebabs, in the usual way!
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 387kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 154mg | Sodium: 149mg | Potassium: 461mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 329IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 2mg