Steamed Salmon with Cauliflower Risotto
A lighter, but still fully flavoured and satisfying meal using cauliflower in place of rice. This Cauliflower Risotto can be made quickly and stores easily.
Servings: 2 people
For the Salmon
- 1 tbs toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbs tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbs rice wine
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco or other chilli sauce
- 1/2 lemon - juiced
- 1/2 cm fresh ginger - grated
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 salmon fillets
For the Cauliflower Risotto
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- ½ head cauliflower – chopped into rice sized pieces
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- remains of the salmon marinade
Whisk all the marinade ingredients together and pour over the salmon. Cover and leave for 2 hours.
Select the REDMOND Multicooker to FRY – VEGETABLES with a time of 10 minutes. Add the oil and onion then stir fry for 5 minutes. Add the cauliflower and cook for another few minutes.
Press KEEP WARM/ CANCEL . Remove the cauliflower mixture and set to one side.
Pour two large glasses of water into the bowl, add the steaming container and the salmon fillets. Close the lid. Select STEAM – FISH with a time of 20 minutes.
minutes before the end of the programme, pour the water away, return the cauliflower mixture to the bowl, add the stock and the remains of the marinade and stir. Replace the steaming basket and add a handful of broccoli florets. Close the lid and cook to the end of the programme.
Serve the salmon with the cauliflower risotto and broccoli with a slice of lemon, chilli and some fresh coriander.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 403kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 858mg | Potassium: 1362mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 195IU | Vitamin C: 76.7mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 2.3mg