Find more recipes at fussfreeflavours.com
Christmas Pudding (No Churn) Ice Cream Bombe
Christmas Pudding Ice Cream Bombe makes a stylish alternative to the classic Christmas pud. Hidden inside a citrus and brandy dome of creamy no churn ice cream is a spiced fruit centre.
Servings: 12 Servings
- 600 ml double cream
- 1 large orange – zest
- 4 tbs brandy
- 300 ml condensed milk
- 300 g mincemeat (sweet)
Double line a 3 pint pudding basin with cling film, using enough to generously hang over the edge. Press the cling film to the inside of the bowl.
Using your stand mixer or an electric whisk, whisk the double cream, orange zest and brandy until it holds a stiff peak. Fold in the condensed milk.
Dollop about a quarter of the mix into the pudding basin and use a spatular to spread it around the inside of the bowl so it is about an inch thick. Use more of the cream mixture if needed.
Place about a third of the remaining mixture into another bowl and set to one side.
Add the mincemeat to the remaining mixture, fold in well and then carefully fill the centre of the pudding basin. Transfer any spare mixture into a tub and freeze.
Spread the remainder of the mixture over the top of the mincemeat center so it is completely encased. Smooth out so the surface is flat. Cover with clingfilm and freeze overnight.
To serve remove the top layer of clingfilm, flip out onto a plate or cake stand and peel the cling film back.
Garnish with holly, cranberries or a sparkler. Ready to eat straight from the freezer, no need to let it soften.
No churn ice cream is one of the easiest, and most forgiving recipes you can make. If you stick to double the volume of cream to condensed milk there really isn't that much that can go wrong. I usually make this with a basic hand electric whisk - no need for a stand mixer.
- Clear a space for the pudding basin in the freezer before you start.
- If you over whip the cream and it starts to go grainy add a splash of milk and slowly whisk it in to rescue it.
- Don't worry too much about precision when you line the mould with the ice cream - it doesn't have to be perfectly smoothly hollowed out.
- Allow to freeze over-night. At a push you can make this first thing in the morning and use the fast freeze button to help things along.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight tub in the freezer for up to 2 weeks - after this time all no churn ice creams can start to go grainy.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 341kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 77mg | Sodium: 190mg | Potassium: 130mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 806IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 105mg | Iron: 1mg