Carrot Top Pesto
Don't discard those leafy green carrot tops! Whizz them up to make this delicious pesto with a difference. Fresh tasting, healthy, and a definite change from the usual. Naturally nut and gluten free. Easily vegan, Keto, Paleo and Whole 30 friendly!
Servings: 8 tbs
- 75 g carrot tops – about two large handfuls – washed well and spun in a salad spinner
- 75 ml good quality olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 30 g seeds - (a mix of sunflower and pumpkin)
- 40 g Parmesan - (roughly chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Keeps in the fridge for 3 days.
- Keeps well in the freezer: either in a jam jar, or frozen into individual portions in an ice cube tray, then transferred to a sealed plastic bag.
- You can vary the seeds that you use according to taste.
- Substitute a vegan hard cheese or nutritional yeast to make this vegan
- This recipe is 4 Weight Watchers Smart Points per portion
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 133kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 80mg | Potassium: 4mg | Vitamin A: 40IU | Vitamin C: 7.7mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 0.9mg