Recipe: Healthy Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
Servings: 2 servings
- 2 tbs rice malt syrup
- 3 tbs tamari
- 3 tbs Japanese rice mirin
- 1 tbs Japanese rice vinegar
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- pea sized piece of ginger root – finely grated
- pinch chilli flakes – optional
- a few sesame seeds to serve – optional
- pinch nori flakes to serve – optional
Put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix together. Add meat, fish, bean curd or vegetables. Mix well to coat.
Heat a little oil in a frying pan. Lift the coated food using a slotted spoon to drain the excess sauce back into the bowl. Transfer to the pan and fry until cooked though.
Reduce the heat and pour the rest of the teriyaki sauce over the top. Cook until the sauce has reduced and become syrupy.
Sprinkle your healthy teriyaki sauce dish with sesame seeds and nori (if liked). Serve immediately with noodles or rice and steamed greens.
- This recipe is 4 Weight Watchers Smart Points per portion.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 73kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1523mg | Potassium: 57mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 0.6mg