Find more recipes at fussfreeflavours.com
Recipe: Spiced Currant Sourdough Buns
Spiced Currant Sourdough Buns - the perfect sweet breakfast treat
Servings: 9 -12 rolls
- 125 g soaked mixed dried fruit
- 200 g milk at room temperature
- 200 g ripe leaven – 100% hydration
- 60 g butter - melted
- 500 g strong white bread flour
- 80 g soft brown sugar
- 4 g salt
- 1 tsp powdered cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg – grated
- 1/4 tsp Steenbergs koekkruidden spice mix
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
Mix the milk, reserving 30ml, leaven and melted butter. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, sugar, spices and dried fruit, and then add this to to the milk mixture. Bring together into a dough. Dissolve the salt into the reserved milk.
Bulk raise it for about 4 hours, turning and folding every hour or so, adding the remainder of the milk and the salt after an hour, then divided up into rolls for proving. (I made 9 largish rolls, so the mixture would stretch easily to 12 smaller ones); Prove for 6 hours, then bake them in the cloche at gas mark 6/200 degrees for 15 minutes.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.