Find more recipes at fussfreeflavours.com
Recipe: Blackberry & Pear Traybake
Simple and fresh traybake
Servings: 16 squares
- 110 g butter - or baking margarine – softened
- 125 g soft light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 190 g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch mixed spice
- 2 tbs milk
- 1 unripe pear – peeled - cored and thinly sliced
- Handful blackberries
- 1 tbs demerara sugar
Grease and line a 20cm square baking tin with silicone paper. Preheat the oven to GM4 / 180C (10C less for fan).
Using an electric mixer mix the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla with a tsp of flour to prevent the mixture from curdling.
Gently mix in the flour, baking powder and mixed spice, adding milk to loosen the mixture so it can be dolloped from a spoon and easily spread.
Spread 2/3 of the mixture into the prepared tin, arrange the pear slices on top and scatter the blackberries over, gently pressing into the cake batter in the gaps between the pear slices.
Cover the fruit with the remains of the cake batter.
Sprinkle the demerara sugar over and bake for 30 – 35 minutes until risen and golden brown, and when a cocktail stick poked into the cake comes out clean.
Delicious served warm with whipped cream.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Serving: 16squares | Calories: 141kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 58mg | Potassium: 66mg | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 200IU | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 0.3mg