Recipe: WeightWatchers Supper Club Wine Glazed Duck Breasts With Figs
A delicious duck dish from the new WeightWatchers Supper Club App. This Wine Glazed Duck Breasts With Figs is tasty and low in calories.
Servings: 2 servings
- calorie controlled cooking spray
- 2 × 125 g skinless boneless duck breasts - 4oz
- 4 fresh figs - halved
- 1 shallot - sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 heaped teaspoon clear honey
- 125 ml red wine - 4 fl oz
- 150 ml chicken stock - 5 fl oz
- a cinnamon stick
Heat a non stick frying pan over a medium heat and spray lightly with the cooking spray. Add the duck breasts and cook for 5 minutes. Turn the duck and cook for 2 minutes then add the figs, cut side down, plus the sliced shallot. Cook for 3 minutes then remove the duck breasts to a plate and keep warm.
Add the balsamic vinegar and honey to the frying pan and turn the figs over in the mixture for 30 seconds before transferring them to the plate with the duck.
Pour the red wine and stock into the frying pan, add the cinnamon stick and boil the sauce for 5 minutes on a high heat until reduced and syrupy. Briefly return the duck and figs to the pan and turn to glaze in the sticky sauce. Serve on warmed plates.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Serving: 2servings | Calories: 320kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 178mg | Potassium: 735mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 200IU | Vitamin C: 10.1mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 6.1mg