Find more recipes at fussfreeflavours.com
Bircher Muesli with Carrot
Overnight oats or Bircher Muesli is a perfect make ahead breakfast. Leave in the fridge overnight and grab and go in the morning. This one contains grated carrot (which is remarkably sweet) to help you on your way to your daily portions of fruit and veg.
Servings: 3 servings (or 2 for a busy day)
- 120 g oat flakes
- 2 oranges - freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup goats' milk yogurt
- 1 apple - grated
- 1 carrot - grated
- 1 tbsp mixed seeds and nuts
- 1/2 cup Fresh berries - optional
Last thing at night grate the apple and carrot and stir into the flaked oats and grains.
Pour the orange juice over, there should be some juice at the bottom of the bowl.
Add the goats' milk yogurt. Stir the mixture well, cover and leave in the fridge overnight.
In the morning, top with the nuts, seeds and berries and serve.
This should keep for two to three days in the fridge so you only need to make it every other night.
Substitute milk kefir for the yogurt.
Once mixed transfer portions to a small Kilner jar, jam jar or equivalent for an easily portable breakfast.
Mix up your grains - we used oats, but often use a mix of oats, rye and spelt flakes.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 287kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 33mg | Potassium: 497mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 3665IU | Vitamin C: 51.1mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 2.1mg