Recipe: Sausage Meat Sauce for Pasta Bakes or Sloppy Joes (How 2 Sausages Provide 4 Meals)
Sausage Meat Sauce for Pasta Bakes or Sloppy Joes
Servings: 4 servings
- Glug light olive or vegetable oil
- 1 large onion - peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - peeled and chopped
- 2 good quality pork sausages - deskinned and crumbled
- 1 small red pepper - deseeded and chopped
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 2 tbs tomato ketchup
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a saute pan fry the onions and garlic in the oil until soft, add the sausage meat and peppers and other vegetables (if using) and cook for a few more minutes.
Pour over the tinned tomatoes and stir in the ketchup. Season and then cover and allow to simmer, stirring from time to time until the sauce has thickened.
Use as a sauce for a pasta bake, or in a sandwich with sliced gherkins and cheese for the ultimate sausage Sloppy Joe.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Serving: 4servings | Calories: 203kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 439mg | Potassium: 269mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1015IU | Vitamin C: 41.3mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 0.8mg