Recipe: Chocolate, Orange, Date & Seed Energy Balls
Chocolate, Orange, Date & Seed Energy Balls
Servings: 20 balls
- 75 g dried apricots
- 75 g dried pitted dates
- 25 g flax seed – ground
- 25 g mixed seeds – I used pumpkin and sunflower
- 2 heaped tsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp peanut butter
- zest half an orange- I used a Seville
Place the apricots and dates into a bowl and cover with just boiled water and allow to soak for a few minutes. Drain, reserving some of the soaking water.
Place all the ingredients into a food processor and blitz. Add a little water if needed until the mixture comes together into a ball.
Take walnut sized amounts and roll into balls. Slightly squash into discs and place in the dehydrator.
Dehydrate for 6 – 8 hours until firm and not sticky to the touch.
If you do not have a dehydrator leave overnight on a radiator or in your oven as it cools down. Dust with cocoa powder if still sticky.
To make these nut free either leave the peanut butter out, or use Speculoos spread in its place.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Serving: 20balls | Calories: 38kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 91mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 135IU | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 0.3mg