Find more recipes at fussfreeflavours.com
Recipe: Butternut Squash Cheesy Pasta Bake
An easy pasta bake with lots of cheese and roasted butternut squash
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 roasted butternut squash
- Good glug olive oil
- Pinch paprika or chilli
- 1 medium onion - finely chopped
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 150 ml double cream
- splash of white wine – or a squeeze of lemon juice
- 250 g dry pasta – cooked very al dente as per the packet instructions – reserve some of the cooking water
- 100 g mixed cheese – grated or finely chopped
Fry the chopped onion until translucent. Blitz half the onion and half the squash with a food processor or with a stick blender to a smooth paste, thin with a little water if needed.
Return the squash and onion paste to the pan, add the remainder of the roasted squash, rosemary and cream and simmer for a few minutes, taste as you go and remove the rosemary once it has infused enough. Add the wine or lemon juice. Season to taste.
Stir in the cooked pasta – add a little of the cooking liquid to thin if needed. (You can make ahead and / or freeze at this point)
Transfer to an oven proof dish, top with the cheese. Bake at 180C/350F/GM 4 for about 20 minutes until bubbling and golden.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Serving: 4servings | Calories: 424kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 77mg | Sodium: 178mg | Potassium: 780mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 20735IU | Vitamin C: 41.7mg | Calcium: 305mg | Iron: 2.3mg