Find more recipes at fussfreeflavours.com
Recipe: Turkey Pasta Bake with Ham & Mushrooms
This easy recipe for a family friendly ham, mushroom & turkey pasta bake is perfect for using up Christmas or Thanksgiving leftover turkey
- 25 g butter
- 25 g flour
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 300 ml milk
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion - (chopped)
- 100 g mushrooms - (sliced)
- 500 g turkey - (cut into small cubes)
- 100 g cooked ham or bacon - (cut into small cubes)
- 200 g pasta shapes
- 1 slice bread - (crumbled into breadcrumbs)
- 50 g cheddar - (grated)
- Salt and pepper - (to taste)
In a medium saucepan melt the butter, stir in the flour and cook over a gentle heat for a few minutes.
Slowly add stock and milk a little at a time, stirring as you do so to stop lumps forming. Allow to gently simmer and thicken for 10 minutes taking care to scrape the bottom of the pan.
Place the oil in a non stick frying pan and fry the onion on a medium heat for a few minutes until translucent. Add the mushrooms and cook until soft. Transfer the onions and mushrooms to a plate.
Add the turkey and ham to the pan and fry for 10 minutes until cooked.
Add the sauce, onions, mushrooms, turkey and ham to the pasta and mix well. Add in some of the pasta water if needed to loosen.
Transfer to an oven proof gratin or lasagna dish, sprinkle with the breadcrumbs, and top with the chees.
This recipe is 18 Weight Watchers Smart Points per portion
- Omit the mushrooms and add peas and corn to the bake.
- For a more grown up version add chorizo in place of the ham and top with blue cheese.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 621kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 134mg | Sodium: 675mg | Potassium: 726mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 440IU | Vitamin C: 1.6mg | Calcium: 212mg | Iron: 2.7mg