Leftover pâté pasta sauce
This leftover pâté pasta sauce is perfect for using up leftovers of delicious versatile pâté. Pâté is delicious on bread or a cracker, but it's also a versatile ingredient. Here, we've used it for a rich, flavourful but quick pâté pasta.
- 150 g spaghetti or tagliatelle
- 20 g butter
- 1/2 small onion - (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic - (finely chopped)
- 2 tbs leftover pate
- 1 tbs sherry, white wine or lemon juice
- 10 grapes - (cut into quarters)
Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water, as per the packet instructions. When it is almost cooked scoop out a cup of the pasta cooking water and reserve.
Whilst the pasta is cooking, place the butter into a frying pan and gently sauté the onion and garlic.
Once soft, add the pate and stir until it is melted. Add the sherry, wine or lemon juice and the grapes. Stir. Pour in enough of the pasta coking water to make a coating sauce.
Season to taste.
Toss the pasta in the pate sauce and serve immediately.
- To make this recipe gluten free, use gluten free pasta
- This recipe is 14 Weight Watchers Smart Points per portion
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 412kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 88mg | Potassium: 240mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 250IU | Vitamin C: 2.6mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1.3mg