Find more recipes at fussfreeflavours.com
Tahini, Pomegranate, and Coriander Cornish New Potato Salad
This no mayonnaise potato salad with tahini and pomegranate seeds is a great change from standard recipes. Studded with jewels of pomegranate seeds, it both looks and tastes fresh and summery. Perfect for your summer BBQs and potlucks.
Servings: 4 people
- 500 g Cornish New potatoes - , washed and lightly scrubbed to remove some of the skin.
For the sauce
- 1 tbs tahini
- ½ lemon – juiced and zested
- 1 dsp olive oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbs water - (or more if needed)
- 1 small bunch coriander
- 2 tbs pomegranate seeds
Steam or gently simmer the potatoes for about 20 minutes until cooked. Drain and allow to cool.
Whisk the tahini, lemon juice and olive oil together in a mixing bowl. Add the soy sauce and drizzle in some of the water. Mix, and add more water until the sauce is the consistency of single cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Finely chop the coriander, reserving some of the leaves for garnishing, and stir into the sauce with the lemon zest.
Once the potatoes have cooled cut into 1cm thick slices, and gently fold a few at a time into the sauce until they are coated.
Serve the potatoes on a bed of salad leaves, scatter the reserved coriander leaves and pomegranate seeds over.
- To stick to a paleo diet do not consume in excess
- Since tahini is ground sesame paste, this is Keto friendly
- This recipe is 4 Weight Watchers Smart Points
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 93mg | Potassium: 579mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 35IU | Vitamin C: 32.5mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1.2mg