Sticky Orange Marmalade Loaf Cake
This sticky orange marmalade loaf cake is quick and easy to make, packed with flavour and a real tea time treat. Best made with homemade marmalade, but shop will do as well. Vegetarian.
Servings: 8 slices
For the icing
- 1 tbsp marmalade
- 50 g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp warm water
For the cake
Preheat oven to 160°C (fan)/ 320°F/gas mark 4. Butter a 15cm/6" loaf tin, and line with baking parchment/silicone paper.
Beat the butter with a wooden spoon or electric mixer until creamy. Add the sugar and beat until the mixture lightens in colour and becomes fluffy
Beat in the eggs. Mix together the flour, salt and baking powder well in a separate bowl, and add to the butter, sugar and egg mixture. Fold in the flour. Add the marmalade and milk, and fold in as well.
Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin and spread. Bake for about 50 – 55 mins until golden brown and firm to the touch, and when a cocktail stick is poked into the cake it comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes then run a round blade knife round the inside of he tin and turn out onto a wire rack.
For the sticky marmalade glaze
- Keep an eye on the cake whilst it is baking and once it is golden brown loosely cover with foil to stop it over browning, for the rest of the cooking time.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- This recipe is 13 Weight Watchers Smart Points per portion
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 278kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 24mg | Potassium: 36mg | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 435IU | Vitamin C: 0.6mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 0.9mg