Find more recipes at fussfreeflavours.com
Left-over salad soup
Leftover salad soup is quick, easy, delicious and the perfect way of using up too much dressed salad. There's a double benefit as it cuts down on food waste, too. Use fry light instead of olive oil to make this Slimming World Syn Free. Naturally vegan, vegetarian and gluten free.
Servings: 2 people
- 2 cups salad
- 1 tbsp vinagrette
For the soup
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 300 ml vegetable stock - from cube
- 1 Radish - or other suitable vegetable
- 2 stalks parsley
Heat the olive oil in a saucepan, and add the salad. Fry for a few minutes.
Add the stock, put on the lid and simmer for about 10 minutes.
Blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper
Garnish with sliced radish and shredded parsley.
- Why not try stirring in some soy sauce ot gluten free tamari for extra flavour just before serving? If you plan on doing this, adjust your seasoning accordingly.
- To make this a little more special stir in a glug of white wine or stir through some cream just before serving.
- Freezes well.
- To make it Keto friendly, use cold pressed olive oil
- This recipe is 3 Weight Watchers Smart Points per portion
- For low salt use a low salt stock
- To make it whole 30, make your own vegetable stock at home instead of a cube
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 70kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 611mg | Potassium: 68mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 860IU | Vitamin C: 10.6mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 0.3mg