Slow raise no knead sourdough
Delicious no knead sourdough bread; a true sourdough flavour and open crumb. Made with minimal effort and raised in the fridge
Servings: 12 slices
- 80 g Ripe sourdough leaven
- 280 ml Water
- 200 g Strong white bread flour
- 200 g Malted brown bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
Add the salt to 30ml (2 tbsp) of water. Stir well to dissolve the salt.
Mix the leaven into the remaining water. Add the flour and mix with your hands into a rough dough.
Leave the dough for one hour at room temperature. Then add the salt solution and knead the dough a few times to incorporate it.
Cover the bowl and place in the fridge for 24 hours
Remove the dough from the fridge, and form into a round loaf by stretching and folding. Rest the formed loaf on the countertop, seam side down, for about 10 minutes.
Liberally coat a banneton with gluten free flour, such as rye flour. Transfer the dough to the banneton, seam side up. Cover, or place inside a large plastic bag, and place back in the fridge
Leave to proof for 12 hours.
Heat a large casserole, dutch oven or baking cloche in the oven at 220C. Transfer the dough, and bake for 20 minutes with the lid on. Remove the lid for the second half of baking.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 126kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 4g | Sodium: 195mg | Potassium: 33mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 0.3mg