Find more recipes at fussfreeflavours.com
Carrot and Parsnip Bread Loaf
A moist, flavoursome bread loaf with added carrots and parsnips to get you on your way to 5 a day! A dense but soft crumb makes it this egg free bread ideal for sandwiches.
Servings: 12 slices (1 medium loaf)
- 100 ml milk
- 145 ml water - lukewarm
- 1 tsp yeast
- 2 tbs oil - rapeseed or similar
- 200 g strong white bread flour
- 150 g strong brown bread flour
- 140 g grated root vegetables - Grated finely. I used a mix of carrot and parsnip and swede.
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp butter - to grease bread tin
Add the yeast to water and milk and whisk in until dissolved. Add the remaining ingredients and bring together to a rough and shaggy dough.
Knead the dough for about 10 minutes until stretchy and pliable. Place the dough back in the bowl, and cover.
Allow to rise for hour or so, until light and puffy, and doubled in size.
Knock back and form into a loaf shape. Transfer to a greased loaf tin, cover, and leave to proof, for another hour or so.
Bake at 200°C/Gas mark 6 for 40 minutes. It's done when it sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 141kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 199mg | Potassium: 88mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg