Mustard, Sausage & Sticky Onion Pasta
Enjoy rich and comforting flavours in this pasta dish, quick, easy and perfect weeknight after work supper.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion - large, and finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic - chopped
- 3 - 4 chipolatas - cooked
- 120 g pasta
- 50 ml double cream
- 2 tbs grain mustard
- 1 handful peas and sweetcorn - frozen, and optional
- Salt & pepper - to taste
Gently fry the onion and garlic in the olive oil on the lowest heat on your hob, stir regularly, you may need to use a diffuser ring to stop it burning.
Meanwhile roast or fry the sausages.
When the onions are reduced (this will take about 30 mins) start cooking the pasta.
Finish the sauce by adding the chopped sausages & cream and season with salt and pepper. Add a little pasta water to the sauce to thin and bulk it out. Stir in the mustard to taste.
2 mins before the pasta is cooked add the peas and corn to the pan.
Drain the pasta, mix into the sauce and serve immediately.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 576kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 786mg | Potassium: 253mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 365IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 1.1mg