Apple, Lemon & Lime Possets
A deliciously quick fruit dessert that looks and tastes great from little effort.
For the Apple Compote
- 2 small apples - peeled and finely chopped. About 8oz / 200g when prepared
- 30 g golden syrup - (2 tbsp)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp water
For the Posset
- 284 ml double cream - 1 pint carton
- Juice of 1 lemon - reserve 2 slices for garnish before juicing
- Juice of 1 lime
- 75 g sugar - (3oz)
Place the ingredients for the compote into a small saucepan and gently simmer until the apple is soft. Allow to cool (pouring something hot into a cold glass could easily crack it) and divide between 4 wine glasses. I use a jam funnel to ensure the fruit lands at the bottom of the glass rather than sliding down the sides.
Put the cream into a medium sized pan and bring to the boil. Add the juice and sugar and simmer for a minute or two stirring well. Remove from the heat. Allow to cool, to avoid cracking the glasses, and then pour over the apple compote. Chill to set for a few hours in the fridge before serving.
For an extra indulgence pour a little more cream over the top of the possets before serving.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 369kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 27mg | Potassium: 106mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 1070IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 0.1mg