Muesli Sourdough Loaf
Muesli is an easy source of wholegrain and dried fruit, used to add flavour and interest to this delicious sourdough loaf of bread
Servings: 14 slices
- 150 ml water - lukewarm
- 150 ml milk - lukewarm
- 1 tsp salt
- 80 g sourdough leaven - ripe - refreshed 12 hours before you start making the loaf
- 200 g strong white bread flour
- 200 g strong brown bread flour
- 80 g Muesli
12 hours before you start breadmaking, refresh your sourdough starter to your preferred ratios. I use equal quantities of old starter, rye flour and water.
Keep aside a few ml of the water and milk mixture, and add the salt. Whisk the ripe leaven into the remaining leaven, then add the rest of the ingredients: flour and muesli.
When risen turn out onto a floured worktop, fold in the muesli (reserving a little to sprinkle the loaf with) then place in to an oiled 1lb loaf tin, sprinkle with the reserved muesli. Leave to rise again for an hour.
Bake at GM6 / 200C / 400F for about 40 mins, until starting to brown. When cooked the loaf will sound hollow when tapped. Turn out and cool on a wire rack.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 134kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 185mg | Potassium: 71mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1.3mg