Find more recipes at fussfreeflavours.com
Muesli Sourdough Loaf
Muesli is an easy source of wholegrain and dried fruit, used to add flavour and interest to this delicious sourdough loaf of bread
Servings: 14 slices
- 150 ml water - lukewarm
- 150 ml milk - lukewarm
- 1 tsp salt
- 80 g sourdough leaven - ripe - refreshed 12 hours before you start making the loaf
- 200 g strong white bread flour
- 200 g strong brown bread flour
- 80 g Muesli
12 hours before you start breadmaking, refresh your sourdough starter to your preferred ratios. I use equal quantities of old starter, rye flour and water.
Keep aside a few ml of the water and milk mixture, and add the salt. Whisk the ripe leaven into the remaining leaven, then add the rest of the ingredients: flour and muesli.
When risen turn out onto a floured worktop, fold in the muesli (reserving a little to sprinkle the loaf with) then place in to an oiled 1lb loaf tin, sprinkle with the reserved muesli. Leave to rise again for an hour.
Bake at GM6 / 200C / 400F for about 40 mins, until starting to brown. When cooked the loaf will sound hollow when tapped. Turn out and cool on a wire rack.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 134kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 185mg | Potassium: 71mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1.3mg