Pea, Smoked Mackerel and Horseradish Penne
A simple smoked mackerel pasta dish wish peas and horseradish
- ½ red onion - finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - crushed
- Glug olive oil
- Handful frozen peas
- Pinch chilli flakes
- Gug white wine or vermouth
- zest of half a lemon
- 2 heaped teaspoons horseradish sauce
- 2 smoked mackerel fillets - skinned and flaked
- Pepper and salt
- As much pasta as you normally eat
Fry the onion and garlic in the olive oil. Meanwhile cook the pasta. When the onion is softened, add the peas, chilli, wine, lemon zest and horseradish and gentle simmer for a few minutes to defrost the peas. When the pasta is cooked drain and add it and the mackerel to the onion sauce. Stir through and season to taste.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Serving: 2servings | Calories: 728kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 90g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 211mg | Sodium: 409mg | Potassium: 1867mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 280IU | Vitamin C: 13.2mg | Calcium: 115mg | Iron: 5.2mg