Easy Peasy Ginger Beer Cupcakes
Ginger beer cupcakes are a fun and festive holiday cake
- 350 g plain flour
- 225 g sugar - I use soft dark brown for colour and flavour but any would work
- 100 g cooking oil - sunflower or rape/canola
- 1 tsp ground ginger - adjust according to taste and fierceness of the ginger beer
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch salt
- About 60g treacle
- 200 ml ginger beer
- 25 ml water
- 250 g butter - or non diary spread - I use Pure
- 600 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbs milk
Cut the butter into small cubes and allow to soften. Beat with an electric mixer for 5 minutes until pale and fluffy, slowly add half the icing sugar beating all the time. Add the vanilla essence and milk, beat. Slowly add the rest of the icing sugar and beat for a good 5 minutes until fluffy. If you are using a non diary "butter" you may need to adjust the amount of icing sugar.
I iced half my cakes then coloured the remainder of the buttercream. If you use liquid food colouring you may need to add a little more icing sugar.
Decorate to your heart's content and enjoy!
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Serving: 30cupcakes | Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 83mg | Potassium: 61mg | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 210IU | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 0.7mg