Egg-Free Basic Cupcakes
This is a very simple, egg-free, budget cupcake recipe. It is perfect for the frugal baker, vegans and those with egg allergies.
- 140 g plain flour
- 100 g caster sugar
- 120 ml soya or dairy milk
- 40 ml vegetable oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- pinch salt
Put all the ingredients into a bowl and beat until smooth.
Fill cupcakes cases about two thirds full and bake at 180°C/350°F/GM4 for 15 minutes, until risen and golden.
Leave to cool before decorating as desired.
- These cakes are not very sweet, so if you are not going to pile a mound of frosting onto them, you can make them sweeter. Do this by using 120 g each of flour and sugar.
- This recipe is 5 Weight Watchers Smart Points
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Serving: 12cupcakes | Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 57mg | Potassium: 67mg | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 0.6mg