Find more recipes at fussfreeflavours.com
Roast Carrot Dip
Roasted carrot dip is a lovely substitute for hummus.
- 1 lb carrots - peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 large onion - peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil - optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place the carrots and onions in a roasting tin and toss with the oils and season with the salt and pepper. Roast in a moderately hot oven GM5/190C/375F for about 40mins until the carrot and onion are starting to caramelise. Scrape into the food processor and blitz; adding water if needed to thin, make a textured purée, season to taste, garnish with fresh herbs and serve with pitta bread strips and crudités.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Serving: 2servings | Calories: 154kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Sodium: 158mg | Potassium: 806mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 37890IU | Vitamin C: 17.5mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 0.8mg