5 Greens Pasta
Inspired by Kathryn Elliott
- 2 large handfuls of mixed shredded greens per person. I used a mix of:
- January King Cabbage
- Hispi Cabbage
- Spring Greens
- Purple sprouting broccoli
- Good glug olive oil
- Smaller glug sesame oil
- 1 heaped tsp tahini
- 1 clove garlic - finely chopped
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- However much pasta you usually eat
- Mixed seeds to serve
Start cooking the pasta, once it is cooking wash all your shredded greens well, pour a kettle of boiling water over them to wilt them. Put both oils, tahini and garlic in a large frying pan or wok and gently cook the garlic. When the pasta is about 1 minute off being done turn the heat under the wok right up and add the greens and cook for about a minute. Drain the pasta and add it to the wok along with the soy sauce and lemon juice. Sprinkle the seeds over and add salt and pepper to taste.
This was so so good and impossibly healthy too.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 287kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 541mg | Potassium: 232mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2085IU | Vitamin C: 78.3mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 1.6mg