Roasted New Potatoes with Capers & Olives
Roasted new potatoes are delicious; capers and olives add an extra layer of flavour. Vegan and Gluten Free.
- 450 g new potatoes
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 small onion - sliced
- 1 clove garlic - finely chopped
- 1 tbs capers
- 1 tbs sliced black olives
- 1 tbs oregano - or your favourite aromatic herb
- salt & pepper - to taste
Heat oven to 170°C (Fan) /340°F (Fan)/Gas Mark 5.
Cut larger potatoes in half. Put them in a saucepan. (You don't need to peel them.) Cover with boiling water and gently simmer for five minutes.
Once the potatoes have started to soften, drain and allow to dry.
Peel and slice the onion and garlic. Then put them in an ovenproof dish with the potatoes and olive oil.
Rinse the capers and olives. Then scatter them over the potatoes and season to taste. Stir to coat everything with the oil.
Place in the oven and roast uncovered for 35–40 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked through.
To avoid the potatoes getting too soft, make sure you don't boil them too quickly. The water should be barely moving.
Try adding cubes of feta at the end.
Experiment with different herbs and green olives. They are also delicious roasted with wedges of lemon.
These potatoes are good with smoked fish. Alternatively, serve them as part of a hot or cold mezze buffet.
- This recipe is 6 Weight Watchers Smart Points per portion
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 202kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 193mg | Potassium: 633mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 200IU | Vitamin C: 29.8mg | Calcium: 130mg | Iron: 3.4mg