2 Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Sauce
A quick and easy recipe for rich, dark and intense vegan chocolate syrup in 5 minutes with 2 ingredients in 1 pan. This will become your go to chocolate sauce for topping ice cream, drizzling over pancakes, using in shakes & hot chocolate as well as spooning directly from the jar! Vegan and gluten free!
Servings: 25 x 10ml servings (250ml) in total)
- 150 g sugar
- 55 g cocoa
- 120 ml water
Place the sugar into a medium pan, sift or stir the cocoa making sure you get rid of any lumps.
Add the water and stir well.
Gently heat over a medium heat to a gentle boil, stirring all the time until well mixed and starting to thicken, this will take about 5 minutes.
Allow to cool then transfer to a jar and once cold seal and keep in the fridge.
- Sift the cocoa and sugar together before adding the water, this way you should not have any lumps to remove.
- To make a thicker sauce cook it for longer, it will thicken dramatically as it cools so don't over cook it.
- When simmering the sauce you need to stir constantly, using a silicon spatula to scrape the sides and bottom of the pan.
- Adapted from Katie Stewart's The Complete Cookbook
- This recipe is 2 Weight Watchers Smart Points per portion.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 28kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Potassium: 33mg | Sugar: 6g | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 0.3mg