Yoomoo mini loaf cakes
Give yourself a lunchtime treat with a home made mini yogurt cake, made with defrosted frozen yogurt. Easy to make at any time in two varieties: berries, or chocolate chips from ingredients in your store cupboard and freezer.
Servings: 4 cakes
- 200 g plain flour
- 50 g caster sugar - golden
- ½ tsp salt
- 160 g froyo yoomoo vanilla - allow to melt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 150 ml vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
For the berry cake
- 100 g berries
- zest ½ lemon
For the choc chip cake
- 50 g chocolate chips
- zest ½ orange - grated
- zest ½ orange - in strips, from a zester
Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4.
Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl.
Add yogurt, eggs, and oil and fold the mixture together.
Line and grease four small (12cm) loaf tins.
For the Chocolate Chip Mini Loaf Cakes
Pour half the batter into another bowl. Into the first bowl, add the most of the chocolate chips and the grated orange zest.
Pour this batter into two loaf tins. Top with the remaining chocolate chips.
The chocolate chip cakes will take about 30 minutes to bake. Test with a toothpick: when comes out cleanly, the cake is done. Depending on your oven, you may need to cover the top with foil to stop the top burning.
For the Berry Mini Loaf Cakes
In the second bowl, stir in the lemon zest.
Divide half of the remaining batter between two loaf tins. Sprinkle on most of the berries. Spread the remaining batter on top.
By filling the tins this way, you avoid having the berries sink to the bottom and having the juice from the frozen berries "bleed" in to the batter.
The cakes baked with frozen berries will take longer. Test after 35 minutes baking, but be prepared for another 5 minutes.
Allow to cool for a few minutes before removing the cakes from the loaf tins.
- Nutrition for half a cake
- You could also bake this cake using yoomoo strawberry frozen yogurt and chopped fresh strawberries. It should take about 35 minutes to cook.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 352kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 179mg | Potassium: 220mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 75IU | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Calcium: 103mg | Iron: 1.6mg