Modern Prawn Cocktail with Frozen Yogurt
This modern prawn cocktail hides a delicious secret: a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt at its heart. The cool, sweet froyo offsets the chili heat in the sauce covering the prawns. The base of the cocktail are a few rocket leaves, and its garnished as you wish: we've gone for a cooked, shell-on prawn and finely diced avocado.
Servings: 2 people
Modern prawn cocktail
- 2 dsp yoomoo frozen yogurt
- 1 dsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp chili sauce
- pepper - to taste
- 12 prawns - cooked
- rocket leaves - washed
For the garnish
- 2 cooked shell-on prawns
- 1/2 avocado - finely diced
- 1.2 tsp green chili - finely dices
- 2 slices lime
- corander leaves - finely chopped
Mix mayonnaise, tomato paste, chili sauce and pepper. Add the prawns, and stir to make sure each prawn is well covered
In 2 cocktail glasses, add enough rocket leaves to half fill the glass.
Add a scoop of yoomoo frozen yogurt to each glass
Top the frozen yogurt with the dressed prawns.
Finely dice the avocado; use it to garnish the prawn cocktail along with a a cooked, shell-on prawn, a little finely diced green chili, a slice of lime and finely chopped coriander leaves.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.