Tenderstem and Salmon Frittata
This three ingredient frittata is made with salmon and Tenderstem broccoli is ideal for brunch or lunch. Low carb, quick and easy to make. Naturally gluten free and keto friendly.
- 2 salmon fillets
- 200 g Tenderstem broccoli
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp The Saucy Fish Co.’s Chilli, Lime and Ginger Dressing
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp oil
Place the salmon skin side down in a microwave proof dish, trim the Tenderstem broccoli and cut the thicker stalks in half lengthwise add to the dish.
Add a tablespoon of water, cover with clingfilm and microwave at full power for 2 minutes. Or you can cook the salmon in the oven according to the packet instructions.
Use a fork to break up the salmon into flakes, discard the skin, and chop up the tenderstem.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and mix in the pouch of The Saucy Fish Co.’s Chilli, Lime and Ginger Dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Gently fold in the salmon and tenderstem so as not to break the fish up too much
Swirl a tsp of vegetable oil around a 20cm / 8" frying pan, and pour the mixture in. Use the back of a wooden spoon or spatula to push the salmon and tenderstem down into the liquid egg.
Turn on your grill/broiler to warm.
Cook frittata on the hob over a very low heat until the egg has mostly set but is still liquid on top, when it is ready it will be solid at the edge and be coming away from the sides of the pan.
Transfer to the grill/broiler to cook the top. As it cooks it will puff up. Lots of grills/ broilers have hot spots so keep an eye on it and move the pan around so it cooks evenly.
The frittata is ready when its just cooked through - test the same way as a cake with a toothpick - and the top has browned.
- If using a microwave to cook the salmon and Tenderstem, they can be cooked together at the same time.
- You can use any pre-cooked salmon fillets rather than cooking them yourself.
- You can make this recipe paleo by omitting the dressing.
- This recipe is 6 Weight Watchers Smart Points per portion.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 254kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 292mg | Sodium: 188mg | Potassium: 507mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1275IU | Vitamin C: 45.9mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 2.3mg