Find more recipes at fussfreeflavours.com
Parma Ham Canapés with Sticky Balsamic Onion and Gorgonzola (Proscuitto di Parma stuzzichini)
These delicious Parma Ham canapés are quick to make and extra delicious; the only difficulty is not eating them all yourself! Using ready make canapé cases saves time and hassle for easy and tasty results.
Servings: 24 canapes
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs Balsamic Vinegar
- 24 Canape cases
- 50 g Gorgonzola - (or other soft blue Italian cheese)
- 4 slices Parma Ham
- basil to garnish
Peel and chop the onion and the garlic. Add to a frying pan with the olive oil and a pinch of salt and saute slowly over a low heat, stirring from time to time until starting to caramelise. This should take 20-30 minutes.
Once the onion has cooked down, add the balsamic vinegar and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Spoon the onion into the canapé cases. Cut the Gorgonzola into small cubes and pop one into each canapé case on top of the onion.
Bake in the oven at 180C (Fan)/375 F/ Gas Mark 5 for 5 minutes until the cheese has melted.
Cut each slice of the Parma ham into nine - divive by three lengthwise, and then by three widthwise. Roll each piece of ham and place one in each canape case.
Garnish with basil leaves and serve immediately.
To make in advance
- Cook the onion beforehand and it will keep for 3 days in the fridge.
- Cut the cheese into cubes and keep covered in the fridge.
- Also cut and roll up the ham, and again, keep covered in the fridge.
- Place the basil leaves on a piece of damp kitchen paper in a plastic box; they'll keep for a few hours.
- When ready to serve assemble as above, if the onion is fridge cold you may need to cook for another minute or two.
- This recipe is 1 Weight Watchers Smart Points per portion
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 33kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 38mg | Potassium: 21mg | Vitamin A: 15IU | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 14mg