Leftover Lamb Curry
Fry onions, spices, and tomato puree to make a rich, comforting curry sauce for leftover lamb. Simmer for 15 minutes for a simple week-night curry. Keto friendly.
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- ½ onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp plain flour
- 150 g leftover roast lamb - diced into 1 cm cubes
- 240 ml lamb or chicken stock
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- salt and pepper
Chop the onion, and fry for a couple of minutes, until just starting to turn translucent. Peel and crush the garlic, and add it to the onion. Cook for about another two minutes. Add the curry powder, turmeric, flour and lamb, and then stir well to make sure that the meat is coated.
Cook for at least two minutes more, until the spices are really fragrant, to make sure that the sauce won’t taste of flour.
Add a little of the stock, and stir in to make a smooth paste. Then slowly add the rest of the stock. This two-stage process is important, because it helps to avoid lumps in the sauce.
Stir in the tomato puree. Cover, turn the heat right down and simmer for 15 minutes. Serve with rice.
- To avoid getting lumps in your sauce, add a small amount of the stock first to make a paste. Then add the rest of the liquid.
- Add some chopped fresh tomatoes with the stock. Tinned ones work too.
- How about adding some cream or coconut cream, to create a rich and creamy sauce?
- You could add some roasted butternut squash.
- Make your leftover lamb go further by adding some tinned chick peas or other beans.
- Slice some green and red peppers. Fry them and add just before the end of cooking.
- This recipe is 10 Weight Watchers Smart Points
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 306kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 221mg | Potassium: 426mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 40IU | Vitamin C: 3.4mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 2.7mg