Seriously Easy Cheese Dip
The ultimate cheesy, gooey, comfort food: a deliciously rich, molten cheese dip that's perfect served with fresh crusty bread and vegetable crudités. Thickened with cornflour this is naturally gluten-free. Add some extra liquid to make the easiest cheese sauce.
Servings: 2 people
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 70 g cheese - grated
- 70 ml milk
- ½ tsp turmeric - optional
- ½ tsp tomato puree
- ½ tsp garlic powder - optional
Mix the cornflour and grated cheese, either by stirring together in a bowl or by shaking in a plastic box.
Put all the ingredients into a saucepan and heat gently on a low heat, stirring constantly.
After a couple of minutes, the dip will thicken. Serve immediately.
- The turmeric and tomato puree are optional, but they do make this dip a gorgeous rich orange colour and a give a real punch that suits tortilla chips. You could add a little red chilli too, to create a Mexican feel.
- Substitute some of the cheddar with mozzarella for a really stringy dip.
- Leave out the garlic powder if it's not your thing. You could use a little mustard instead.
- You could add curry powder for a hint of heat, resulting in a delicious cheesy curry sauce for chips.
- Serve with a dollop of onion chutney for an onion cheese melting pot.
- Make a double or quadruple batch and serve in a fondue pan over a low flame at a party – try using gruyère and Dijon mustard instead of the cheddar and tomato.
- Reheat in the microwave on low power for 30 seconds, then in bursts of 10 seconds.
- Add extra liquid to make an easy gluten free cheese sauce - perfect for pasta
- This recipe is 7 Weight Watchers Smart Points per portion
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 175kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 234mg | Potassium: 81mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 407IU | Calcium: 292mg | Iron: 1mg