Fully Loaded Dirty Chips
We love these fully loaded dirty chips on a Friday night after a busy week at work. Just like you'd get at the pub with a pint, but far better for you than you might think.
Servings: 2 people
- 230 g frozen oven chips
- 2 rashers bacon - I like a good dry-cured back bacon
- 50 g cheddar cheese - grated
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1 spring onions - sliced
Cook the oven chips according to the packet instructions.
While the chips are cooking, cut the bacon into small pieces. Fry in a splash of oil until crispy.
Allow the bacon to cool on a piece of kitchen paper on a plate. The kitchen paper absorbs the fat.
When the chips are cooked, remove from the oven and transfer to a small, oven proof dish. Cover with the grated cheese and return to the oven for a couple of minutes, just long enough to melt the cheese.
When the cheese has melted, remove the dish from the oven. Top the chips with the bacon pieces, the sour cream and the chopped spring onion. Enjoy immediately!
- For crispy chips cook them on a mesh tray – they cost just a few pounds and last forever.
- It is far easier to snip bacon with a pair of sharp scissors than use a knife.
- Add some slices of jalapeno for a kick of heat.
- If you don't eat pork then use turkey or veggie bacon.
- Sprinkle over some paprika or Cajun seasoning with the cheese.
- Try a different cheese. Stretchy mozzarella, brie, camembert or blue would all be delicious.
- If you like cheese and onion, slowly cook some diced onion with the bacon.
- This recipe is 18 Weight Watchers Smart Points per portion
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 505kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 870mg | Potassium: 563mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 348IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 197mg | Iron: 2mg