Find more recipes at fussfreeflavours.com
Garlic Parmesan Fries
Garlic Parmesan fries are the ultimate combination of all the savoury treats we crave – crispy potato, fragrant garlic and indulgent cheese. This oven-baked indulgence is easy to make at home without all the mess of a deep-fat fryer. As well as being super speedy using oven chips keeps the calories in check too.
Servings: 2 people
- 250 g oven chips
- 1 tsp Butter
- 2 clove garlic - peeled, finely chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan (grana) cheese - grated
- ¼ cup parsley - optional
Preheat the oven and cook the oven chips as per the packet instructions. I always get far better results if I use a mesh or crisper tray for cooking oven chips.
Melt the butter over a low heat in a large frying pan. Add the garlic and cook slowly to release all the flavours. Garlic can burn easily if cooked at too high a temperature, so keep the heat low.
Once the oven chips are cooked and golden brown, add them to the butter and stir to coat the chip evenly in the garlic butter.
Add the grated Parmesan and parsley (if used), and stir well. Serve immediately.
- Buy good quality oven fries, because this really makes a difference to the final result.
- Don't just use chips! Make garlic Parmesan wedges or even add some garlic zing to roast potatoes to go with a juicy roast chicken.
- Vary the quantity of garlic to suit your taste. If you are vegetarian, use a veggie grana-style hard cheese.
- Make your own chips. Cook the chips as normal, in a deep fat fryer or Actifry or other air fryer and then add to the garlic butter mix. Then add the Parmesan as above.
- For quick and hassle-free chips, make double the amount of garlic butter, and freeze half of it. Then next time you have a yearning for garlic Parmesan chips, simply melt the butter in a frying pan and add the cooked chips.
- For crisper oven chips, bake them on a mesh tray. These only cost a couple of pounds, last for years and go through the dishwasher without any trouble. They really make a difference so do buy one.
- Serve garlic Parmesan fries or wedges straight away. You can reheat them in the oven on a baking tray, but they’re not nearly as good as fresh.
- This recipe is 20 Weight Watchers Smart Points per portion
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 448kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 1036mg | Potassium: 602mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 890IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 323mg | Iron: 2mg